This brand new tour will start in Wakkerstroom and ends in Volksrust, exploring the beauty of the Highveld and it’s historical towns and villages.
We’ll stop en route for sightseeing, snacks, road stalls, photo’s, toilets, coffee/tea, tourist destinations and less familiar places. Enjoy the drive and ride in your own vehicle. At night and en route you’ll have the opportunity to mix, mingle and have fun.
What to expect:
An orderly and well planned tour with a minimum of seventeen (17) mountain passes (both tar & gravel) to be traversed, with a few surprises en route. Good food, a beautiful country, interesting roads and routes, small towns, cute shops and funky art places, friendly people and something new.
Mountain passes to be traversed: Jantjieshoek, Kastrolnek, Kempslus, Knights, Burgers, Hattingshoogte, Barrowfield, Mollshoogte, Ossewakop (optional), De Jagersnek, Laingsnek, Ingogo Heights, Brinkshoogte, Schuinshoogte (optional), Oom Louis se Hoogte, Kwaggasnek & Majubanek.
Note: Any 4 x 2, 4 x 4 or SUV vehicle with good ground clearance will be suitable for these routes. All routes are non-technical and suitable for any driver. We cannot accommodate normal sedan vehicles.
(Please note that no pets are allowed.)
You pay per vehicle, and not per person – so this tour is ideal for families, a group of friends and couples. Max 4 persons per vehicle.
• Distance: 431 km.
• Drivers’ Briefing, VHF Radio Fitment & Welcoming Party: 18h00 on Monday, 23rd November 2020 at the Wakkerstroom Hotel. (Arrive any time after 14h00.)
• Start: Wakkerstroom – 09h00: Tuesday, 24th November, 2020
• Closing Function & Prize-giving: Volksrust (Venue to be announced), 15h00 Wednesday, 25th November, 2020
• End of Tour: 15h00 – 25th November, 2020
All vehicles will be supplied with FM quality two-way radios so we can all communicate. (This is included in the tour price.)
Day # 1 – Monday – 23rd Nov 2020 – Wakkerstroom
14:00 Arrive and book in at Wakkerstroom Hotel in Wakkerstroom
Explore the town
18:00 Welcome, briefing & handing out of 2-way radio’s (Compulsory attendance)
19:00 Dinner (Optional)
Day # 2 – Tuesday – 24th Nov 2020 – Wakkerstroom (circular route) 247 km (228 km on gravel)
After breakfast we depart on a feast of routes and mountain passes, ending the day on a mountain just outside town.
Today you’ll traverse 8 mountain passes, enjoy beautiful vistas, ride the back roads and have fun.
Dinner is again in Wakkerstroom.
Day # 3 – Wednesday – 25th Nov 2020 – Wakkerstroom to Volksrust 184 km (81 km on gravel)
We depart after breakfast (after booking out of the hotel) in a South Easterly direction towards Newcastle, traversing at least 7 mountain passes before arriving in Volksrust where the tour ends and ‘final words are spoken’.
We have a zero alcohol policy during the day whilst driving.
The price of the tour at R 3200 includes: guiding, pamphlets, maps, name tags, limited recovery, radio hire and documentation.
Tour price excludes: Accommodation & meals on tour, fuel, Comprehensive Travel Insurance, gratuities, entry fees to venues or places, drinks, breakdown recovery costs and personal expenses.
We overnight in Wakkerstrrom (2 nights) , including breakfast. Budget for about R600 pp/night. Single supplement will apply and it varies from venue to venue. These venues are all COVID-19 compliant.
You will be invoiced separately for your accommodation and certain meals.
MPSA/Platteland Tours arranges every last detail. We send you a packing list of what you need well before the tour. All you have to do is arrive with your padkos and snacks and enjoy the tour.
Price: R3 200 per vehicle. (Price includes VHF radio hire)
1. If you find a replacement to take your place – 100% refund.
2. If we find a replacement to take your place – 80% refund.
3. If you cancel your booking more than 2 months before the tour – 70% refund.
4. If you cancel your booking less than 60 days before the tour – No refund, but we will give you a credit for a future tour equal to 50%.
5. We pay all the accommodation and meals upfront long before the tour starts. We will negotiate on your behalf with the hotel, guest lodge or B&B for a refund. In general terms most of them are willing to give a substantial or full refund. Whatever refund we can get will be refunded to you in full.
6. The accommodation/meals invoice is sent out about 3 weeks ahead of the tour. If you cancel your booking, you are still liable for the accommodation, even if you have not paid the invoice yet.
7. In the event that a tour is postponed and you cannot attend the revised dates, you will receive a 100% credit