Join us for a 5-day journey of adventure, discovery, history and pass driving as we take on the many challenges of the Ben 10 Eco Challenge passes through the high mountains of the Eastern Cape Highlands.
If you missed out on the first three fully-booked Ben 10 Tours, this is the perfect opportunity to have your part in this incredible adventure! Traveling under the expert guidance of Trygve Roberts who continued to develop and improve this unique tour, MPSA is proud to announce Version 4 – with shorter distances and more leisure time.
We will, of course, be driving the 10 Challenge Passes, PLUS several bonus passes!
The tour kicks off on Thursday 1st April 2021, and finishes on the evening of Monday 5th April 2021 (Easter Weekend)
The tour has been designed to provide a perfect cocktail of breathtaking mountain landscapes, enthralling hyper-local history, and the very best in thrilling gravel-road driving!
At the end of the tour, you will be presented with your official Ben 10 finishing badge (and MPSA coffee mug!)
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Ben 10 passes: Jouberts Pass, Otto du Plessis Pass, Barkly Pass
Bonus passes: Kraai River Pass, Grondnek Pass
Travel distance: 296km
Ben 10 passes: Lundean’s Nek Pass, Volunteershoek Pass, Carlisleshoekspruit Pass
Bonus passes: Tierkranz Pass, Ballochs Pass, Bokspruit Pass, Fetcani Pass
Travel distance: 252km
Ben 10 pass: Bottelnek Pass, Bastervoetpad Pass
Bonus passes: Langeni Pass
Travel distance: 220km
Ben 10 passes: Naudes Nek Pass, Tiffindell Tenahead Traverse, Ben MacDhui Pass
Bonus passes: Rebelhoogte
Travel distance: 282km
Contingency day to allow for bad weather, mechanical breakdowns, tyre repairs or, if all goes smoothly, we will use Day 5 as a lay-day to rest or explore the vulture colonies, hike the magnificent mountains, visit Dawid se Kop and more! This day will likely be slotted in on the Sunday.
Our routes are always bespoke and you will be guaranteed the trip of a lifetime, packed with facts, folklore, history and engineering snippets – all of it done in a safe, responsible manner.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
We will be based at a central point with great quality accommodation, superb hospitality and wholesome food, spending a total of 6 nights at our base accommodation, departing again for home on Tuesday morning, 6th April 2020.
You pay per vehicle, and not per person, so our tours are ideal for families, friends and couples.
- Total distance: 1030 km
- Drivers Briefing & Welcoming Party: 18h00 > Wednesday 31st March 2021
- Start: Mountain Shadows Hotel – 08h00 > Thursday 1st April 2021
- Closing Function & Prize-Giving: 18h00 > Monday 5th April 2021
- End of Tour/Departure: 09h30 > Tuesday 6th April 2021
All vehicles will be supplied with crystal clear FM marine quality two-way radios so we can communicate with you.
VEHICLES THAT CAN PARTICIPATE
- 4×4 only, with low range and good ground clearance.
- No novice drivers. You must either hold a 4×4 driver training certificate or have at least 2 years off-road driving experience, and have done at least one prior Grade 3 route.
- We recommend having 4×4 insurance in place whilst on the tour.
- Maximum of 10 vehicles on this tour.
- Total tour price: R8500 per vehicle. (Price includes VHF radio hire, maps, Ben 10 T shirt, Ben 10 Cofee Mug, Tour notes, all stationery.)
- Cost of accommodation, meals, drinks for your own account.
- We take care of all the bookings.
- Average costs for you to work with: R795 per person per day (Dinner, bed & breakfast)
- Please note that prices are approximate
- MPSA will invoice you separately for accommodation and two meals daily which are inclusive tariffs.
- If you find a replacement to take your place – 100% refund.
- If we find a replacement to take your place – 80% refund.
- If you cancel your booking more than 2 months before the tour – 70% refund.
- If you cancel your booking within 60 days before the tour – No refund, but we will give you a credit for a future tour equal to 50%.
- We pay all the accommodation and meals upfront long before the tour starts. We will negotiate on your behalf with the hotel, guest lodge or B&B for a refund. In general terms, most of them are willing to give a substantial or full refund. Whatever refund we can negotiate, will be refunded to you in full.
- The accommodation/meals invoice is sent out well ahead of the tour. If you cancel your booking, you are still liable for the accommodation, even if you have not paid the invoice yet.
Please get in touch with us directly with any questions you may have by email: email@example.com
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
The MPSA Shop has a separate login system to the main MPSA website for members.
During your first purchase, your account will be auto-created, using the email address you supply at checkout.