R4495.00 per vehicle (regardless of the number of passengers)
This tour includes all the best points of interest of the Cederberg region. The 3-day journey includes 17 Cederberg passes, waterfalls, rock formations, caves, remote mountain villages, rooibos plantations, historical grave sites, a Moravian church, craft breweries, a visit to the highest altitude vineyards in South Africa, an observatory, wildflowers, citrus farms, excellent accommodation, great food and good company where you will start as strangers and leave as friends. The tour will be led by Trygve Roberts, the founder of Mountain passes South Africa.
*Enjoy being in the safety of a group. *Make new friends. *Discover the Cederberg.
We start in Ceres with a drivers briefing and radio fitments on the morning of Friday 23rd August 2019
• Day 1: We depart at 09h00 on Friday 23rd August and head north via a series of passes to have a lunch break at the famous Tankwa Padstal. We then head west via two major passes with beautiful Cederberg sandstone formations and some old ruins to connect up with the gravel road from Op die Berg and from there over one of the most attractive gravel drives in the Western Cape to arrive at our overnight venue – Mount Cedar. Distance 151 km. Group dinner at Mount Cedar.
• Day 2: Departure time will be 0830. We will drive north and explore Eselbank village and the waterfall, descending down to Wupperthal. Then over another two major gravel passes where we will visit two historical grave sites as we head west to Clanwilliam, then finally we turn south past Algeria, ascending the Uitkyk Pass for a stop at the Dwarsrivier farm before returning to Mount Cedar. Distance: 205 km. Group dinner at the Mount Cedar lodge.
• Day 3: 0930 start. Drive to Kromrivier for brunch. Explore Stadsaal caves. Visit another hidden waterfall. Head south via Op die Berg and the Gydo Pass. Tour ends in Ceres at the starting point at approximately 1500. Easy day: 95 km.
The tour has been designed to provide a perfect balance of exquisite mountain scenery, fascinating history and most of the classic Cederberg points of interest. We have planned this tour to coincide with the first of the spring wild-flowers.
We will spend a total of 2 nights at Mount Cedar. Our routes are always bespoke and you will be guaranteed the trip of a lifetime, packed with facts, folklore, history and engineering snippets – all of it done in a safe, responsible manner.
You pay per vehicle, and not per person, so the tours are ideal for families and couples.
• Distance: 460 km.
• Drivers briefing: 08h30 23rd August (Ceres)
• Start: Ceres – 09h15 23rd August
• End of tour – 15h00 25th August (Ceres).
All vehicles will be supplied with crystal clear FM marine quality two way radios so we can communicate with you.
Vehicles that can participate:
• 4×4 and 4×2 but adequate ground clearance is important.
Maximum of 10 vehicles on this tour.
Cost of accommodation, meals, drinks for your own account. MPSA arranges all the accommodation and meals in advance.
We take care of all the bookings. Work on R500 per person per night for accommodation. Dinners R170; Breakfasts R80. Prices are approximate.
Itinerary and routing might be amended to suit weather conditions and the safety of the convoy.
Price: R4495 per vehicle. (Price includes VHF radio hire)
More information: info@MountainPassesSouthAfrica.co.za
*This MPSA shop has a separate login system to that of the main MPSA website. It does not require creating a user account in advance. (and it does not require logging in, during your first purchase) During a first purchase, your account will be auto-created, using the email you supply at checkout.