R6750.00 per vehicle (regardless of the number of passengers)
Join us for a 4-day journey of adventure, discovery, history and pass driving as we take on the many challenges of the Ben 10 Eco Challenge passes through the high mountains of the Eastern Cape Highlands.
If you missed out on the first fully booked Ben 10 Tour, this is the perfect opportunity to get your share of this incredible adventure, where you travel under the expert guidance of Trygve Roberts and Mike Leicester. We have refined and improved the tour, and are proud to announce Version 2 with shorter distances and more leisure time.
The tour starts on the 21st of September 2019, and ends the evening of the 24th of September 2019 (A public holiday).
We will be driving the 10 challenge passes, plus another 8 bonus passes.
The tour has been designed to provide a perfect cocktail of stunning scenery, fascinating history and challenging gravel road driving. At the end of the tour you will be presented with your finishing badge.
- Day 1: Kraai River Pass, Grondnek Pass, Jouberts Pass, Otto du Plessis Pass, Barkly Pass. (296 km)
- Day 2: Tierkranz Pass, Ballochs Pass, Lundeans nek Pass, Volunteershoek Pass, Carlisleshoekspruit Pass, Bokspruit Pass, Fetcani Pass. (252 km)
- Day 3: Bottelnek Pass, Bastervoetpad Pass. (152 km)
- Day 4: Naudes Nek Pass, Tiffindell Tenahead Traverse, Ben MacDhui Pass, Rebelhoogte. (282 km)
We will be based at a central point with good quality accommodation and wholesome food. We will spend a total of 5 nights at the base and depart for home on the morning of the 25th September.
Our routes are always bespoke and you will be guaranteed the trip of a lifetime, packed with facts, folklore, history and engineering snippets – all of it done in a safe, responsible manner.
You pay per vehicle, and not per person, so the tours are ideal for families and couples.
- Distance: 982 km.
- Drivers briefing and welcoming party: 18h00 20th September
- Start: Elliot – 07h30 21st September
- Closing function & prize-giving: 18h00 24th September
- Departure and end of tour: 09h30 25th September
All vehicles will be supplied with crystal clear FM marine quality two way radios so we can communicate with you.
Vehicles that can participate:
- 4×4 only, with low range and good ground clearance.
- No novice drivers. You must either hold a 4×4 driver training certificate or have at least 2 years off-road driving experience, and have done at least one prior Grade 3 route.
- We recommend having 4×4 insurance in place whilst on the tour.
Maximum of 7 vehicles in each of the 2 convoys on this tour.
Cost of accommodation, meals, drinks for your own account.
We take care of all the bookings. Work on R440 per person per night for accommodation. Dinners R170; Breakfasts R80. Prices are approximate.
Price: R6750 per vehicle. (Price includes VHF radio hire)
More information: info@MountainPassesSouthAfrica.co.za
*This MPSA shop has a separate login system to that of the main MPSA website. It does not require creating a user account in advance. (and it does not require logging in, during your first purchase) During a first purchase, your account will be auto-created, using the email you supply at checkout.