R1995 per vehicle (price includes VHF radio hire)
Join us for a fantastic weekend of fun and excitement, as we venture off the beaten track to explore the hidden passes of the north-western Limpopo province.
This tour takes place on a Saturday and Sunday, so there is no need to take any time off work. Test your off-road driving skills as we wind our way through the spectacular scenery and hundreds of game farms in this forgotten corner of the country, traversing a total of 13 passes along the way.
- Day 1: We start off with a driver’s briefing and radio fitment at the Total Petroport Panorama, just north of Pretoria. After a short drive along the N1, we branch off to Mookgopong (Naboomspruit), then head towards Bokpoort, Papstraat and Tarentaalstraat. We get briefly back onto tar through Sandrivierspoort on our way to Vaalwater, then traverse Martjie Se Nek and Brown’s Cutting before arriving at the start of the long and difficult Witkop Pass. From there it is an easy run to our overnight stop in Lephalale (Ellisras).
- Day 2: A short tar stint gets us to Marken, then we tackle Sefateng Sa Mokgoba and Strikfontein Se Nek, both within the Masebe Nature Reserve. Next up is the spectacular Jakkelskuilnek, followed by the beautiful tarred Kloof Pass. Gravel roads through the game farms lead us to Bastards Nek, and then on to our final pass of the tour, Roodepoort. From there, it is all tar back along the N1 to Pretoria.
There are some very rough and difficult sections along this route, so a high clearance 4×4 vehicle will be required.
• Distance Day 1: 430 km
• Distance Day 2: 500 km
• Total Distance: 930 km
• Drivers briefing: 07H00 17th August
• Start: 08H30 17th August (Total Petroport north of Pretoria)
• End: 16H00 18th August (Total Petroport north of Pretoria)
All vehicles will be supplied with crystal clear FM marine quality two-way radios so that we can communicate with you.
Vehicles that can participate:
• 4×4 only
Maximum of 6 vehicles on this tour.
Cost of accommodation, meals, drinks, fuel and tolls for your own account.
Itinerary and routing might be amended to suit weather conditions and the safety of the convoy.
Price: R1995 per vehicle. (Price includes VHF radio hire)
More information: info@MountainPassesSouthAfrica.co.za
*This MPSA shop has a separate login system to that of the main MPSA website. It does not require creating a user account in advance. (and it does not require logging in, during your first purchase) During a first purchase, your account will be auto-created, using the email you supply at checkout.